Here you can find out about current job openings at Aurora44.
If you feel you have a unique skill that could benefit the team, and it isn't listed here, please get in touch.
Aurora44 is an independently owned company, established in 2013 by ex-Weta Digital artists and veterans of the local games industry, Derek Bradley and Leighton Milne.
We are based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Ashen, which was announced at E3 2015, is the first game from Aurora44.
We are looking for additional team members to join the Ashen team. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and eagerness to push boundaries of what an indie game is. You must be willing to relocate to Wellington. To get in touch, use the contact page below.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTER
Skills & Requirements
- Previous knowledge of QA testing process, procedure and methodologies is recommended
- Familiarity with different bug tracking software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows environments, Microsoft office etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to self manage, and take ownership of certain areas of the game
- Good knowledge of, and strong interest in, computers and video games
- Day to day testing and quality assurance of software in development
- Report discovered bugs and manage the bug database
- Generate, maintain and follow test plans to ensure adequate coverage is given to each section of the game
- Verify that the application meets the technical requirements of the platform holders
- Provide assistance to the production team on various tasks as needed
- Prepare and deploy game builds as required
We are looking for someone who:
- Has effective communication skills and actively collaborates with the team
- Ability to teach and guide junior team members
- Ability to estimate work and work within a timeframe
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work well under pressure
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with game engine source code
- Experience with optimization
- An interest in rendering technologies
- Extensive experience working on gameplay systems
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- 3+ years of games industry experience
- 2+ shipped title under their belt
- Good working knowledge of C/C++
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years of experience as an Environment Artist
- Strong knowledge of Maya
- Good time management skills
- Work well together with other team members
- Effective communication skills
- Produce concept art
- Model 3D objects
- Texturing and implementing art content in engine
- Engine implementation such as lighting, shade development and bug fixing