Aurora44 is an independently owned company based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand. Established in 2013 by ex-Weta Digital artists and veterans of the local games industry, Derek Bradley and Leighton Milne, Aurora44 is currently developing their first game, Ashen.
We are looking for additional team members to join the Ashen team. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and eagerness to push boundaries of what an indie game is. You must also be willing to relocate to Wellington. We’re sure our office pug, Broccoli, can convince you!
To get in touch, please email your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
You will work closely with directors and leads to organise and drive the game production processes, ensuring smooth and efficient operations and helping the team keep on schedule. Additional responsibilities include curating project documentation, providing support for studio operations and everything in-between.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Assist directors and leads with their management task load
- Create and maintain roadmap documentation, project schedules, milestone objectives, status reports, and other documentation clearly and accurately
- Identify and resolve potential blockers and dependencies to manage workflows for all departments
- Help identify and implement processes and practices that will enable our growing team to deliver successful world-class games on time
- Foster and facilitate communication and collaboration between all departments
- Provide support for studio operations and administration as required
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of game production experience with at least 1 shipped title in a production role
- Excellent project management skills, particularly in managing schedules and project resources to deliver results on time
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to keep cool under pressure
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritisation skills in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for a passionate and talented FX artist to join our team. We are looking for someone who will be able to effectively conceptualise, present and execute ideas within a schedule as well as actively contribute to technical and artistic problem-solving. A sound knowledge of best practices relating to game FX is vital to this role as you will need to be comfortable working quickly in an agile environment.
Experience and abilities:
• 1+ shipped console title or equivalent
• Must be comfortable using Unreal Engine 4
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the games industry
• Good understanding of physical dynamics, natural phenomena, ambient, environmental and UI effects
• Can problem-solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with artists, designers and programmers
• Must be a team player who can collaborate with the development team and work individually with minimal supervision
• Solid time management skills are essential
We are looking for an Animator to join the team. You will have the drive to create our vision for the game and must be able to develop convincing performance and movement for combat, characters and creatures. Working directly with the Animation Director, you will also be mentoring other animators, so it is essential that you have good leadership skills and are an effective team player.
Experience and Abilities:
- 1+ shipped console title or equivalent
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in the games industry
- Excellent knowledge in Maya and Unreal Engine 4
- Understanding in all areas of character creation such as Rigging, Modelling and Texturing
- Experience working in Motion Capture Animation
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
To apply, please email your CV and showreel to Lar at firstname.lastname@example.org